Caldecott Fostering Service has highly experienced Supervising Social Workers who will make sure that you are placed with the right child or young person. Any placement will always be discussed and agreed beforehand. But here is the list of some of the benefits and supports we will offer you:
- An allocated Supervising Social Worker: you will be allocated one of our highly experienced Supervising Social Workers who will support you all along your placement. Your social worker will call you and visit you regularly to make sure everything is ok.
- Four free therapy sessions: when you sign up to foster with Caldecott you will receive four free therapy sessions to help you along the way. These can be used anytime within the first six months of you fostering.
- 24 hour, 7 days a week support: there will always be someone available to help you if there’s a problem at any time of the day or night.
- Training and development: you’ll receive training during your assessment and then, following approval, you can take advantage of Caldecott Fostering Service courses covering a wide range of topics from Child Development to Managing Challenging Behaviour, Disability Awareness to Valuing Diversity., you can even study for an NVQ related to foster care.
- Allowances: our foster carers receive generous rates of pay – around £430 per week, per child- with added holiday allowances and insurance.
- Carer’s support groups: each area holds regular carer’s support groups where carers can meet other carers in their area and share experiences.
- Children & young people groups: we also run groups for the children and young people including the children of our carers.