If you are an existing Foster Carer currently registered with another fostering agency you can transfer to Caldecott Fostering.

Will I need to go through the assessment process?

Even if you are approved with your current agency you will still need to be assessed by Caldecott Fostering and complete an assessment which will be presented to the Caldecott Fostering Panel.

How do I transfer?

Firstly, it’s important to clarify whether or not you currently have a child or young person in a placement with you.

I do not currently have a child or young person in placement with me.

In this case you are simply required to give 28 days notice in writing to your existing Fostering Agency or Local Authority informing them of your resignation from that agency. Please note that Caldecott Fostering Service will contact your existing agency who you are registered with once you have handed in your notice and made a formal application to Caldecott Fostering Service to request a reference.

I do have a child or young person in a placement with me.

Caldecott Fostering places the needs and best interests of the looked after child or young person firmly at the heart of our policies. We therefore encourage and support the best models of practice for transferring between fostering agencies that will be outlined and governed by your current Local Authority, Trust or Independent Agency, and any applicable industry-wide protocol.