We provide high quality support and benefits to our foster carers.
As a foster carer with Caldecott Fostering you will have a dedicated supervising social worker whose job is to help you learn, give you space to talk about your role and who will work with the Local Authority to ensure you receive the best support you need to be a foster carer. Any placement that is proposed for you is always discussed and agreed with you beforehand.
We offer one of the best financial packages available to our Foster Carers and children placed with them, this includes:
- An above average rate of £450 a week per child placed.
- A generous holiday allowance per child placed.
- Birthday and festive allowances.
- Travel allowances.
- Moving in and clothing allowances.
- A minimum of 14 days respite and additional payments for unused respite.
Foster carers also receive generous tax benefits on their earnings. Find out more here:
In addition to our financial support we really pride ourselves on our sense of community, which is reflected in offering regular social activities for carers and children.
Additional benefits and supports also include:
- Regular visits and contact from your allocated social worker.
- Free therapy sessions with our in-house therapists, for when you need that extra level of support.
- 24 hour, 7 days a week out of hours support: there will always be someone available to help you if there’s a problem at any time of the day or night.
- Training and development: you’ll receive training during your assessment and then, following approval, you can take advantage of our courses covering a wide range of topics from Child Development to Managing Challenging Behaviour, Disability Awareness to Valuing Diversity. You can even study for an NVQ related to foster care.
- Monthly carer’s support groups where carers can meet other carers in their area and share experiences. Complemented by a healthy supply of refreshments and snacks!
We think of Caldecott as more than an agency: more like a community of compassionate and committed people - we welcome you to join our family.